My Lovely Followers

Saturday 2 January 2016

No one likes to make Sympathy cards.......

My sister in law lost her father in law earlier today, so I felt the need to make a couple of cards.  He was a lovely man, who along with his wife, always made us feel welcome whenever we visited my sister in law.  We have daughters the same age, so we saw a lot of her in laws when they were young. So here's the cards, one for my sister in law and one for her mother in law.
For the background panel, I applied 2 shades of Adirondack inks - Stonewashed and Cloudy Blue to an acylic block, spritzed with water and stamped it onto my cardstock. Then stamped image with Majestic Blue, Versafine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  This stamp is from Lavinia Stamps and the sentiment is by Personal Impressions.


The background panel on this one was made by blending Seedless Preserve Distress ink to the cardstock with a duster brush.  I then stamped the image, stamp from Inkylicious, in Versamark Imprerial Purple, and heat embosed with clear embossing powder.  I used the same ink to ink up a scrap of card which I also heat embossed with clear embossing powder, then cut out the sentiment with a die.
I think sympathy cards should be 'clean' looking and simple, but that's just me..
Thanks for looking.
xxx

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

I'm so sorry to read of your family bereavement, Karen, your cards are lovely though and I'm sure will be well received

Kathyk

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Dear Karen
so sorry to read all this,
your collection of simpathy cards are made with so much love and that counts,
one big hug Tamara