My Lovely Followers

Saturday 31 January 2015

Hubby's Birthday Card

I recently bought some new stamps from Stampscape Stamps and finally got round to trying them out.  All I can say is, I love them!  
When I make this kind of card, I always stamp in black Versafine and heat emboss using clear embossing powder, that way when the coloured inks are added there's no smudging.  I wasn't sure if that technique would work with these stamps as they're so fine, but it worked brilliantly.


If you love stamping, and haven't tried these stamps yet, then you must.  I felt a bit unsure of them at first, but the really are lovely to work with, and stamp lovely with very little pressure.


I coloured the log cabin with ProMarkers once I'd finished the inking.  I used Distress Inks and Adirondaks with blending brushes.

5 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous birthday card Karen
love the nature
hugs Tamara

Cheryl W. said...

This card is so beautifully done! Thanks for the tip re: stamping with Versafine and heat embossing. I'll try that whenever I use similar stamps.

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Karen - love the inking and fabulous image.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Debs xx

thecraftycavalier said...

Wow! This is stunning. Fabulous - such a lot of work but soooo worth it! I really wish I could make a card like this!! Beautifully inked. Gorgeous. Hugs, Jayne x

Judy said...

omg girl..these are gorgeous! You oh so need to do a tutorial, they look like paintings!! LOVE THEM!!

hugs