My Lovely Followers

Saturday 22 March 2014

Micro Beads & Texture Paste

I've been blog hopping for the last couple of weeks and came across Eileen's blog.  I'd seen Eileens blog a while ago, but just couldn't remember the name of it, so couldn't find it again.  Well how lucky was I to stumble upon it again, via Lavinia Stamps.  Well now it's well and truely bookmarked..... lol.  Eileens work is just gorgeous and there's so much inspiration there, so thank you Eileen.

Anyway, I came across this technique while looking at Eileens blog and thought I'd give it a go.  
I inked through the stencil (from Imagination Crafts) with distress inks and dried it off a little with the heat gun.  Then placed the stencil back over the image, taped it around the edges to keep it secure, and spread translucent texture paste through the stencil, carefully removed the stencil and sprinkled micro beads all over it, just like we do glitter.  I did this over a plastic container cos oh do these little beads bounce! lol  Once dry I made it into a card, and this is the end result.  Such a shame I just couldn't get a brilliant picture of the beads, it really is lovely.




I really enjoyed doing this, so will be doing it again.
I'd like to enter this card into the present challenge over on Imagination Crafts where the theme is 'Imagination In Bloom'.  The challenge runs till 31st March.

2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fab technique, love it.

Kathyk said...

FAB - and you're soooo not wrong about those little beads getting EVERYWHERE either so, smart move with the container

Kathyk